What is a Public Cloud?
- Inexpensive set up- The pay as you go model and the resources put together benefiting largest economies of scale. The users can save on money and time with advantage of no capital investment of any hosting space and pay based on the usage.
- No administration of the underlying physical infrastructure is required.
- Simple framework- Provisioning of infrastructure and services is simple in Public cloud.
- Freedom of Self-service-The businesses that opt for public cloud need to do is visit public cloud portals and get started with it. No dependency on third party for public cloud. The handling and managing will be done by you as you are the prime proprietor of it.
- Reliability- The public cloud service will not be affected by the failure of any single point making it vulnerable. On the other hand the sheer number of servers and networks involved in creating public cloud and the redundancy configurations framed will be working smoothly without any interruption and service will still remain unaffected.
- Flexibility- There are innumerable of IaaS, PaaS and SaaS services available in the market which follow the public cloud model and can be accessed from anywhere by connecting to the web. These services can fulfil most computing requirements and can deliver their benefits to private and enterprise clients. The integration of public and private cloud can be done to create hybrid clouds in order to perform sensitive business functions.
- Location independence- The availability of public cloud services with internet connection with ensures ease in reaching the client location. It provides number of opportunities to act with remote access to IT infrastructure in case of emergencies or online document collaboration from multiple locations.